Wednesday, February 15, 2012

like a curious junkie

one of the things that my friends from highschool do know about me is my lack of interaction with the worldwideweb.. imagine how it was like when i finally *oh yesssss.. Finallllyyyy* do get access to unlimited internet.. and as of a year and a half ago, Speedy Unlimited Cheap access.. *ohhhhhhh just so happppyyyyy!*

there's this thing that i really love about Russia's internet, it allows me to youtube efficiently.. when we were in highschool, my friends would forever be hyping about something on youtube and i would never get what the hype was about until some age away when someone would explain it to me.. i'm not saying i missed a lot, don't think i did.. 
but i think i am kinda starting to understand the world's obsession with youtube..

let me introduce you to the channels that i got addicted or interested in over the past months:
the first being, Sorted food..

http://sortedfood.com/ 
this was a kind of fluke i think.. it started with a picture that someone posted on FB, a recipe called Cake in a Mug.. i think it was from 9gag.com if memory serves.. either way, it really intrigued me cos i like food.. i like to eat.. but i also like minimal work =))))) this combination is both presented in a large part of sortedfood's recipes.. do check out their youtube channel for really great ideas! the cute chef doesn't hurt *slywink*

WARNING: i don't know about you, but watching their channel induces my gastric juices.. every time without fail.. *sigh*

which i think i should mention by the way, that Cake in the Mug recipe? it worked.. for real.. honest.. 


after that, i found Maangchi thanks to my addiction to this korean reality show "We Got Married" season1.. i had this period of raving about this reality show at every chance i got, and it being a reality show, they made it a task for their couples to make kimchi together in the one episode.. [this is a really bad explanation/summary of the show really.. the first set of couples for this show is was so great i could just rewatch that first 40 episodes and be done with it] anyway, back to Maangchi.. i got interested in the process of making kimchi and korean cuisine which i could plainly see them eat all the time.. 

*thinking* my salivary juices really does get me going around the Net, eh?
http://www.maangchi.com/

her recipes are not  to say all simple, but you know she puts effort in making them as easy as possible without affecting the original taste to them.. [I FOUND THE FISH SAUCE to make kimchi in Russia *gasp* *silence* sorry. . . *troll face*]

hmm.. what i did find next were some really girly stuff, like Michelle Phan [totally famous now], bubz beauty [a recent find, maybe a week or so ago?], frmheadtotoe [it was this blogger/youtuber who first introduced me to the various techniques and ways to beauty from when i was in college.. not that i actually took the advice to heart, but it was fun reading about them! ;)] and last in my current list would be beautifymeeh [stumbled on this one a few months back and she is SO skinny..O.O and pretty..] 

then of course, there were the channels that made my days funnier, happier.. made me laugh on days when my mood was darker than the bottom of an old skillet *blah blah blah*

my recent rave channel is:
simon and martina from www.eatyourkimchi.com

they have a few channels, one for bloopers, one archive and the main channel.. 
it all started when i found their W.T.F BB cream video [Wonderful Treasure Find] *raised eyebrows* and i continued onto their W.A.N.K [Wonderful Adventure Now Korea] videos which are ongoing and their Kpop Mondays..
they are Super funny.. believe me.. [okay, so i have this sense of humour where its not much of a challenge to make me laugh] but still.. they pick out funny things about korean music videos, music all from a foreign English person's point of view.. 

they are probably the reason elise looks at me strangely of late, ever since we got back from our first Eurotrip *mad grin*

[am i like super into korean stuff now or what *whaddever* they deserve my attention *bonemeltinghotness*]

anyway, other funny channels that made short work of my funnybone would be jkim  this super funny [CUTE] guy, he has two channels so its just take your pick really.. then there's luan.. oh dear goodness, how to even begin telling you about luan.. just watch his videos.. sometimes he strikes me just as another angry american teen, but when you least expect it, he springs golden nuggets of wise words at you *caught more than once* ;)

of course, with all the video posting of songs and music on FB, one can hardly escape from finding a few online musicians that you uber lurvvee.. i have a few in mind, but i'm gonna go easy on you lot [my post sure is getting so out of hand yeah? *laughs*] and just say, i like Jun Sung Ahn  and Lindsey Stirling .. 

P.S. i finally am moving myself, even if only a limp.. am still in procrastination mode, if less.. *shakes head* bad bad.. 
i came back from my first Microbe class today and let me tell you, i really am struggling to be comfortable with my current class combination.. i like the normal class combinations much better!!! *pouts* :(

No comments: